Below are some readings that dig into the increasing surveillance of today’s society. In many instances, these new surveillance methods are first being tested in Las Vegas & prisons, and then brought into every day life, most notably through companies searching for the next best way to track consumers.
- Signs of the Times: Smart Ads that Watch You Watching Them by Laura Farrar
- How Vegas Security Drives Surveillance Tech Everywhere &/or brief synopsis: 6 Ways Las Vegas Security Tech Has Entered Daily Life by Michael Kaplan
- Surveillance Society: New High-Tech Cameras are Watching You by James Vlahos
- High-Tech Lockup: Inside 4 Next-Gen Prison Security Systems by Erik Sofge
- RFID-Enabled Phones Could Let Credit Card Companies to Track Users by Kim Zetter
- RFID Backers, Privacy Advocates Seek Common Ground by Rick Whiting
- East Coast Diversified Corporation Completes Deal with EarthSearch & Enters GPS & RFID Technologies Industry Press Release, April 13, 2010