Here are some great articles and videos to satisfy your intellectual curiosity during the summer break, and expand our discussion on digital media.
Required reading/viewing (don’t worry, all short pieces):
- TED Talk- Negroponte takes One Laptop per Child (OLPC) to Colombia
- David D.Burstein- The Case for the Internet: A Human Right
- John Dvorak- One Laptop per Child Doesn’t Change the World
- Aparna Ray, Global Voices- Impact of ICT on Indigeneous Cultures: Rejuvenation or Colonization?
Very recommended reading:
- John Mulrow- Think Mobile, Act Local (go to April 2010: FrontlineSMS featured by World Watch Institute, and load down the PDF file)
- Muhammad Ayish- Universal internet access is the new human rights issue
- ITP Master Thesis Project: Design for The First World
- Brian Winston- Let Them Eat Laptops: The Limits of Technicism
If you are hungry for more: