In the reading “Blog Theory,” Jodi Dean discusses how “the essence of the blog is the post.” A post is what constitutes the fundamentality of a blog, living on even after the blogger stops blogging. Anything can be included in a blog post and be represented “in moments as an image, reaction, feeling, or event.” But despite its obvious ubiquity, what makes people actually want to read a blog, be it personal or professional? How does a blog gather a community of interacting readers? Read the rest of this entry »
Recent CommentsI trust the information on Wikipedia just as much ...The topic of copyright and remix are both very rel...I agree with my fellow classmates that remixing do...I agree with Kevin. I think there is a huge differ...I think if people stop worrying about the money an...Sorry for the late comment--I read your post last ...I don't think remixing stifles creativity at all. ...
Tagsactivism advertisement advertising art blog blogging commercial community crowdfunding culture Facebook fashion foursquare future groupon hacktivism hip-hop innovation inspiration Internet Journalism location-based application marketing merchant mobile application Music music blogs MySpace network security new business model new media news Online online coupons Online dating online journalism OpenIDEO privacy remix social social media social networking Twitter Viral YouTube
December 2013 M T W T F S S « May 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- Anne Wojcicki Speaks Out About the F.D.A. Crackdown on 23andMe
- Dear Internet, Thank You for Introducing Us
- Today’s Scuttlebot: Snapchat Steals an Executive From Facebook, and the Future of Imgur
- IBM’s Big Plans for Cloud Computing
- Daily Report: Google Cash Yields Leadership on New Robots
- We Hear You. You Don’t Want to Hear Us.
- Today’s Scuttlebot: The World’s Most Expensive Phone, and Why We Like Listicles
- Inside NFL Football, The Journalist Behind Jackie Robinson, and More
- TLDR - What Does TLDR Mean?
- Economics of Thanksgiving Dinner, Going Viral Pre-Internet, and More
- TLDR #7 - It's Rating Men
- Premature Predictions for 2016, Guns as Free Speech, and More
- Murdoch's Media Empire, NFL Bullying and More
- TLDR #6 - Ghost Town
- 'Jack Gepetto' Might Have Lil Bub Licked on Instagram
- How Chinese Censorship Works
- Apple and China Mobile to Strike iPhone Deal, Report Says
- Iranian Revolution Video Game Brings Turbulent History to Life
- Gamers Around the World Are Insanely Addicted to 'FIFA 14'
- DNA Nanobots Could Deliver the Future of Medicine
- Space Station Cameras Will Soon Broadcast Your Neighborhood