In the reading “Blog Theory,” Jodi Dean discusses how “the essence of the blog is the post.” A post is what constitutes the fundamentality of a blog, living on even after the blogger stops blogging. Anything can be included in a blog post and be represented “in moments as an image, reaction, feeling, or event.” But despite its obvious ubiquity, what makes people actually want to read a blog, be it personal or professional? How does a blog gather a community of interacting readers? Read the rest of this entry »
Recent CommentsI trust the information on Wikipedia just as much ...The topic of copyright and remix are both very rel...I agree with my fellow classmates that remixing do...I agree with Kevin. I think there is a huge differ...I think if people stop worrying about the money an...Sorry for the late comment--I read your post last ...I don't think remixing stifles creativity at all. ...
Tagsactivism advertisement advertising art blog blogging commercial community crowdfunding culture Facebook fashion foursquare future groupon hacktivism hip-hop innovation inspiration Internet Journalism location-based application marketing merchant mobile application Music music blogs MySpace network security new business model new media news Online online coupons Online dating online journalism OpenIDEO privacy remix social social media social networking Twitter Viral YouTube
December 2014 M T W T F S S « May 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- Rent the Runway, a Designer Fashion Start-Up, Raises $60 Million
- Daily Report: U.S. Weighs Response to Sony Cyberattack, With North Korea Confrontation Possible
- Intel Betting on (Customized) Commodity Chips for Cloud Computing
- Uber Suspends Portland Operations in Deal With City Regulators
- Millions of Fake Instagram Users Disappear in Purge
- Uber Driver in Boston Area Is Charged With Rape
- The Lesson of the Sony Hack: We Should All Jump to the ‘Erasable Internet’
- Woman claims Jenga victory with an insanely difficult move
- FBI says North Korea is responsible for Sony hack
- Nick Offerman does a Grinch-y reading of 'Twas the Night Before Christmas'
- Fallon's #ChristmasFails can knock out your holiday spirit
- George Clooney: Kim Jong-un can't tell us what to do
- Sony hackers reportedly praise executives for pulling 'The Interview'
- Colorado theater shooter's parents: Please don't execute our son