The open source movement of the 1980s – 1990s did wonders for the distribution of free, quality software like GNU and Linux. Best of all, open source allowed the public to continuously develop the code, allowing for rapid improvement and benefitting from “cheap failure.” So what happens when we take the same principle of global collaboration and apply it to global issues? Can the methodology behind software development be useful in creating social innovation? Read the rest of this entry »
Deviating away from my initial proposal, I have decided to take the opposite route: instead of researching how we can innovate social media, I am instead hoping to understand how social media is impacting innovation. IDEO, a global design consultancy known for their implementation of design thinking to develop innovative solutions for various companies, has established an online community called OpenIDEO, an online platform designed for creative thinkers to collaborate and share ideas, information, inspiration, concepts, and evaluations. Read the rest of this entry »
Recent CommentsI trust the information on Wikipedia just as much ...The topic of copyright and remix are both very rel...I agree with my fellow classmates that remixing do...I agree with Kevin. I think there is a huge differ...I think if people stop worrying about the money an...Sorry for the late comment--I read your post last ...I don't think remixing stifles creativity at all. ...
Tagsactivism advertisement advertising art blog blogging commercial community crowdfunding culture Facebook fashion foursquare future groupon hacktivism hip-hop innovation inspiration Internet Journalism location-based application marketing merchant mobile application Music music blogs MySpace network security new business model new media news Online online coupons Online dating online journalism OpenIDEO privacy remix social social media social networking Twitter Viral YouTube
July 2015 M T W T F S S « May 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- Daily Report: Jack Dorsey Readies for His Close-Up
- Deliveroo, an On-Demand Food Delivery Service, Raises $70 Million
- Google Loosens Ties to Google Plus
- Daily Report: How Algorithms Determine Our Character
- Facebook and Other Tech Giants Expand Internet Access in Africa
- Using Algorithms to Determine Character
- Farhad and Mike’s Week in Review: Can Cities Beat Uber?
- Elon Musk is scared of Chelsea Handler, according to Chelsea Handler
- Massachusetts cop on leave as video shows him threatening to shoot driver
- 80,000 (and counting) sign petition demanding justice for Cecil the lion
- 15 booty-ful gifts for the cat butt enthusiast in your life
- Texas officials release new jail video of Sandra Bland to 'dispel rumors'
- Men watch their girlfriends get catcalled and they're not happy
- 5 mouthwatering candy bar hacks that will give you a sugar high