If you don’t already know, ARK Music Factory is basically a company that little girls (and boys) pay to have a pop song written for them and a music video produced for that song. They also become part of the ARK Music Factory’s “label” and get promoted by ARK. What brought ARK to the spotlight was the near instant virality of one of their “stars” – Rebecca Black. Only a few weeks later Rebecca feels like old news and irrelevant, but I think there is a strange phenomenon here that deserves to be looked at more closely. Read the rest of this entry »
Recent CommentsI trust the information on Wikipedia just as much ...The topic of copyright and remix are both very rel...I agree with my fellow classmates that remixing do...I agree with Kevin. I think there is a huge differ...I think if people stop worrying about the money an...Sorry for the late comment--I read your post last ...I don't think remixing stifles creativity at all. ...
Tagsactivism advertisement advertising art blog blogging commercial community crowdfunding culture Facebook fashion foursquare future groupon hacktivism hip-hop innovation inspiration Internet Journalism location-based application marketing merchant mobile application Music music blogs MySpace network security new business model new media news Online online coupons Online dating online journalism OpenIDEO privacy remix social social media social networking Twitter Viral YouTube
August 2015 M T W T F S S « May 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- Political Consultant for Uber to Advise Other Start-Ups
- Why Some Start-Ups Are Called Tech Companies and Others Are Not
- Mark Zuckerberg Posts on Facebook: After Miscarriages, We’re Having a Baby
- Daily Report: That Facebook Drone is Ready for Takeoff
- Facebook Taking Open-Source Software Ethos to Drones
- Why Consumers Should Tread Carefully with Samsung Galaxy’s Price Cut
- Google Fights Effort to Apply ‘Right to Be Forgotten’ Ruling Worldwide
- Chinese distilleries added Viagra to alcohol for 'health-preserving qualities'
- The evolution of the flying car we're still waiting on
- Some of the funniest #5WordSingaporeStories
- 'Ultimate Frisbee' gets International Olympic Committee recognition
- Ricky Gervais dubs Texan's failed armadillo shooting 'karmadillo'
- This quaint English village store is actually a giant vending machine
- Microsoft's VR headset to ship to developers 'within the next year'