If you don’t already know, ARK Music Factory is basically a company that little girls (and boys) pay to have a pop song written for them and a music video produced for that song. They also become part of the ARK Music Factory’s “label” and get promoted by ARK. What brought ARK to the spotlight was the near instant virality of one of their “stars” – Rebecca Black. Only a few weeks later Rebecca feels like old news and irrelevant, but I think there is a strange phenomenon here that deserves to be looked at more closely. Read the rest of this entry »
Recent CommentsI trust the information on Wikipedia just as much ...The topic of copyright and remix are both very rel...I agree with my fellow classmates that remixing do...I agree with Kevin. I think there is a huge differ...I think if people stop worrying about the money an...Sorry for the late comment--I read your post last ...I don't think remixing stifles creativity at all. ...
Tagsactivism advertisement advertising art blog blogging commercial community crowdfunding culture Facebook fashion foursquare future groupon hacktivism hip-hop innovation inspiration Internet Journalism location-based application marketing merchant mobile application Music music blogs MySpace network security new business model new media news Online online coupons Online dating online journalism OpenIDEO privacy remix social social media social networking Twitter Viral YouTube
March 2014 M T W T F S S « May 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- Bitcoin Is a Protocol. Bitcoin Is a Brand.
- Facebook’s Gun Sale Changes Could Be Hard to Enforce Around the World
- Daily Report: To Ensure a Secure Future, Bitcoin Might Need Oversight
- Making Cloud-Computing Systems More Efficient
- Big Data Picks Up the Pace
- Sally Beauty Investigating Possible Credit Card Theft
- With Move to Limit Gun Sales, Facebook Is Caught in Debate
- TLDR #17 - Hey, Guess What? I Found Truth For Us
- Secrecy at the Border
- TLDR #16 - *Win a Million Dollar Mansion From Your HOME COMPUTER*
- Protests in Ukraine, A Broadband Behemoth, and A Vile Rat
- TLDR #15 - Internet Time
- Bridgegate, Inside the TSA, Japan's Beethoven's Fall from Grace, and More
- TLDR #14 - The Knowledge
- No-hio State: Michigan Alum Excludes Buckeyes From Social Network
- It's a Hard-Knock Life for Freelancers
- Japan Decides Bitcoin 'Isn't a Currency'
- Your New Favorite Player Just Made the NBA
- Dating Startup Crowdfunds Cross-Country Flights for Singles
- What are New York and San Francisco Tweeting About?
- Researchers 3D Print Blood Vessels Into Tissue for Artificial Organs