I’m interesting in learning how Twitter is being used as a revolutionary tool in the Arab world. In 2009 we saw how the power of Twitter could change the mentality of a nation when activists outwardly opposed the reelection of Iranian President Ahmadinejad. Although their efforts could not change the outcome of the election, the Iranian people were able to freely voice their opinions on a medium that the government had no control over. This allowed the rest of the world to get a sneak peak into a secretive country, and gave people an understanding of the unjust system in place in Iran. As in many other countries ruled by oppressing leaders such as Ahmadinejad, mass communication is censored and people are only permitted to view and listen to what the government deems appropriate. Along with other social networking sites, Twitter gave the average civilian a chance to freely express oneself and fight for justice. Although at first this seems like a limited wayto combat injustice, but those quippy and short tweets ultimately made a global impact. Read the rest of this entry »
Recent CommentsI trust the information on Wikipedia just as much ...The topic of copyright and remix are both very rel...I agree with my fellow classmates that remixing do...I agree with Kevin. I think there is a huge differ...I think if people stop worrying about the money an...Sorry for the late comment--I read your post last ...I don't think remixing stifles creativity at all. ...
Tagsactivism advertisement advertising art blog blogging commercial community crowdfunding culture Facebook fashion foursquare future groupon hacktivism hip-hop innovation inspiration Internet Journalism location-based application marketing merchant mobile application Music music blogs MySpace network security new business model new media news Online online coupons Online dating online journalism OpenIDEO privacy remix social social media social networking Twitter Viral YouTube
July 2015 M T W T F S S « May 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- Deliveroo, an On-Demand Food Delivery Service, Raises $70 Million
- Google Loosens Ties to Google Plus
- Daily Report: How Algorithms Determine Our Character
- Facebook and Other Tech Giants Expand Internet Access in Africa
- Using Algorithms to Determine Character
- Farhad and Mike’s Week in Review: Can Cities Beat Uber?
- Daily Report: Amazon Shows Profit for a Change
- Today's fitness junkies demand high-tech marketing experiences
- 'Harry Potter' combined with Wiz Khalifa's 'See You Again' may make you cry
- Mysterious pink pigeons are being spotted across Britain
- Disgruntled soccer fan puts his team up for sale on Gumtree
- British Lord quits over drug and prostitution claims, says sorry for 'embarrassment'
- 'World first' electronic ink traffic signs trialled in Australia
- We watched the OnePlus 2 launch in VR and it was a total waste of time