With the constant inundation of various social media sites, it seems near impossible to keep up with the latest trends. One website that has gained popularity throughout the past year has been Formspring, a question-and-answer-based social website. Formspring was launched in November of 2009 initially by Formstack , an online form builder that allows users to create surveys, but as a result of the website’s success, Formspring.me became its own separate company in January of 2010. Formspring emphasizes a facet of the internet that very few other social websites exploit–anonymity. Most social websites such as Facebook take pride in obtaining as much information about you as possible and publicizing it. Formspring, on the other hand, is focused around the lack of knowledge of its users. In an attempt to further examine the social phenomenon that Formspring poses, I created my very own Formspring account as well as a survey for Formspring users. To further my research in a more factually grounded manner, I conducted brief interviews with a Formspring administrator, in addition to three Formspring users of various ages-middle school, high school, and college. Through my research, I examined the asymmetrical social interaction that Formspring has created between users and how Formspring has aided in changing social behavior and culture.
Recent CommentsI trust the information on Wikipedia just as much ...The topic of copyright and remix are both very rel...I agree with my fellow classmates that remixing do...I agree with Kevin. I think there is a huge differ...I think if people stop worrying about the money an...Sorry for the late comment--I read your post last ...I don't think remixing stifles creativity at all. ...
Tagsactivism advertisement advertising art blog blogging commercial community crowdfunding culture Facebook fashion foursquare future groupon hacktivism hip-hop innovation inspiration Internet Journalism location-based application marketing merchant mobile application Music music blogs MySpace network security new business model new media news Online online coupons Online dating online journalism OpenIDEO privacy remix social social media social networking Twitter Viral YouTube
May 2013 M T W T F S S « May 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- Field Notes: Tech Titans Choose Small or Secretive Ceremonies
- Today’s Scuttlebot: Angry Lego Birds and 3-D Printer Medicine
- A Best-Selling Phone? It’s Not Just a Good Phone
- Twitter Lets Brands Reach Viewers of Their TV Ads
- How Vintage Apple Computers Used to Sell
- Laurene Powell Jobs and Anonymous Giving in Silicon Valley
- Daily Report: An Early Apple Computer for More Than $100,000
- A Week of Scandals, Catholic Whistleblowers, and More
- Conservative Bloggers Vindicated, Advice for Leakers, and More
- Who’s gonna pay for this stuff?
- Jason Collins Comes Out, Patenting Genes And More
- Surveillance After The Marathon Bombing, The Kill Team and More
- Coverage Of The Boston Bombing, Undercover Reporting, and MORE
- Gun Anecdotes, What To Know about the Avian Flu, and Grindr.
- FOMO the Movie: The Terrifying Social Truth
- Elon Musk Wants to Build an Electric Pickup Truck
- Askem Gets You the Answers You Need, Fast
- Video Captures Scary Washington Bridge Collapse
- Myspace's New Architects Reveal How to Rebuild a Brand
- Alfonso Ribeiro, Will and Jaden Smith Do the Carlton Dance
- UCLA Surgeons Live Vine Brain Surgery