With the constant inundation of various social media sites, it seems near impossible to keep up with the latest trends. One website that has gained popularity throughout the past year has been Formspring, a question-and-answer-based social website. Formspring was launched in November of 2009 initially by Formstack , an online form builder that allows users to create surveys, but as a result of the website’s success, Formspring.me became its own separate company in January of 2010. Formspring emphasizes a facet of the internet that very few other social websites exploit–anonymity. Most social websites such as Facebook take pride in obtaining as much information about you as possible and publicizing it. Formspring, on the other hand, is focused around the lack of knowledge of its users. In an attempt to further examine the social phenomenon that Formspring poses, I created my very own Formspring account as well as a survey for Formspring users. To further my research in a more factually grounded manner, I conducted brief interviews with a Formspring administrator, in addition to three Formspring users of various ages-middle school, high school, and college. Through my research, I examined the asymmetrical social interaction that Formspring has created between users and how Formspring has aided in changing social behavior and culture.
Recent CommentsI trust the information on Wikipedia just as much ...The topic of copyright and remix are both very rel...I agree with my fellow classmates that remixing do...I agree with Kevin. I think there is a huge differ...I think if people stop worrying about the money an...Sorry for the late comment--I read your post last ...I don't think remixing stifles creativity at all. ...
Tagsactivism advertisement advertising art blog blogging commercial community crowdfunding culture Facebook fashion foursquare future groupon hacktivism hip-hop innovation inspiration Internet Journalism location-based application marketing merchant mobile application Music music blogs MySpace network security new business model new media news Online online coupons Online dating online journalism OpenIDEO privacy remix social social media social networking Twitter Viral YouTube
April 2014 M T W T F S S « May 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
- Twitter Acquires Gnip, Bringing a Valuable Data Service In-House
- Facebook Forces Users to Install Separate Messaging App
- Fast Home Wireless: A Content Weapon?
- Daily Report: Etsy Seeks Wholesaler’s Role in Handicraft Sales
- Storefront, Airbnb for Retail Spaces, Raises $7.3 Million
- Samsung Executive Says Marketing Drove Phone Sales to No. 1
- With Purchase of Drone Maker, Google Sees a Fleet of Satellites
- TLDR #21 - There Is No Such Thing As Silence
- Attacking the Koch Brothers, Remembering Rwandan Genocide, and More
- TLDR #20 - Silence
- Punishing Propagandists, Covering Climate Change, and More
- Obamacare In Spanish, Cartographers vs. The World, and More
- Cold War 2.0, The Guardians of the Internet, and More
- #19 - Project Flame
- Suspicious Bags Prompt Evacuation at Boston Marathon Finish Line
- Land Rover and Virgin Galactic Partner Up, Unveil High-Tech Car
- Courage and Compassion: 24 Photos That Show What Boston Strong Is All About
- Dear US Airways: Good Call Keeping Your Social Media Person
- That US Airways Employee Won't Be Fired for 'Honest Mistake'
- NYPD Disbands Unit That Spied on Muslims
- WordPress Creator Automattic Seeks $1 Billion Valuation: Report