With the constant inundation of various social media sites, it seems near impossible to keep up with the latest trends. One website that has gained popularity throughout the past year has been Formspring, a question-and-answer-based social website. Formspring was launched in November of 2009 initially by Formstack , an online form builder that allows users to create surveys, but as a result of the website’s success, Formspring.me became its own separate company in January of 2010. Formspring emphasizes a facet of the internet that very few other social websites exploit–anonymity. Most social websites such as Facebook take pride in obtaining as much information about you as possible and publicizing it. Formspring, on the other hand, is focused around the lack of knowledge of its users. In an attempt to further examine the social phenomenon that Formspring poses, I created my very own Formspring account as well as a survey for Formspring users. To further my research in a more factually grounded manner, I conducted brief interviews with a Formspring administrator, in addition to three Formspring users of various ages-middle school, high school, and college. Through my research, I examined the asymmetrical social interaction that Formspring has created between users and how Formspring has aided in changing social behavior and culture.
Recent CommentsI trust the information on Wikipedia just as much ...The topic of copyright and remix are both very rel...I agree with my fellow classmates that remixing do...I agree with Kevin. I think there is a huge differ...I think if people stop worrying about the money an...Sorry for the late comment--I read your post last ...I don't think remixing stifles creativity at all. ...
Tagsactivism advertisement advertising art blog blogging commercial community crowdfunding culture Facebook fashion foursquare future groupon hacktivism hip-hop innovation inspiration Internet Journalism location-based application marketing merchant mobile application Music music blogs MySpace network security new business model new media news Online online coupons Online dating online journalism OpenIDEO privacy remix social social media social networking Twitter Viral YouTube
December 2014 M T W T F S S « May 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- BBC Documentary Shows Harsh Conditions for Workers in iPhone Factories
- Rent the Runway, a Designer Fashion Start-Up, Raises $60 Million
- Daily Report: U.S. Weighs Response to Sony Cyberattack, With North Korea Confrontation Possible
- Intel Betting on (Customized) Commodity Chips for Cloud Computing
- Uber Suspends Portland Operations in Deal With City Regulators
- Millions of Fake Instagram Users Disappear in Purge
- Uber Driver in Boston Area Is Charged With Rape
- Inside the Pakistan school where gunmen killed more than 140 people
- Dr. Ruth's tips for jolly sex during the holiday season
- Kim Kardashian's over her mom's 'omish sh*t'
- Ferguson prosecutor says grand jury heard witnesses who lied under oath
- Two world leaders, one press conference mash-up
- Who's really to blame for canceling 'The Interview' - and when might we see it?
- How the FBI says it connected North Korea to the Sony hack — and why some experts are still skeptical