From Dead Media Archive
Revision as of 15:22, 30 October 2007 by Vera
Spirit Duplicator ...
"This machine printed from a "master" created in the same manner in which hectographic master sheets for spirit duplicators were made, but considerably before their introduction" (Rhodes and Streeter 109).
Relation to Other Copying Processes
Notion of Spirit
- Curwen, Harold. Processes of Graphic Reproduction in Printing. London: Faber and Faber, 1963.
- Doss, Milburn P. (Ed). Information Processing Equipment. New York: Reinhold Publishing Corporation, 1955.
- Fisher, Harrison M. Today's Business Machines. Chicago: American Technical Society, 1959
- Gardiner, A. W. Typewriting and Office Duplicating Processes. New York: Focal Press, 1968.
- Rhodes, Barbara J. and Streeter, William W. Before Photocopying: The Art and History of Mechanical Copying, 1780-1938: A book in two parts. New Castle and Northampton: Oak Knoll Press and Heraldry Bindery, 1999.
- Schwartz, Hillel. The Culture of the Copy: Striking Likenesses, Unreasonable Facsimiles. New York: Zone Books, 1996.